Moving into a new home has its frustrations, countless aches and pains, sweating and not to mention the massive cleanup. At the end of the day, you end up with a pile of crumpled newspapers and cartons of boxes. The sight itself would make someone go mad, well maybe except for Monica Geller! So instead of being an eco-killer, be an eco-warrior and recycle your boxes in the best ways possible. Here are some ways you can recycle your moving boxes creatively and innovatively.
- Re-Gifting – A handwritten gift will never go unappreciated, so use your crafts on your boxes and make cards out of them and send to your loved ones. Some of it might not even require postcards.
- Local recycling programs – Some cities and towns recycle large amounts of cardboard, go to the recycling center. Check online or call for more information about how the boxes should be delivered.
- Sell boxes – Make a profit from the boxes by selling them to people in need of it. Keep in mind that people are ready to pay a low amount for used boxes. Here are some sites for selling used boxes Craig’s List, NextDoor, BoxCycle.com, BoxSmart.net.
- Donate it – Usually charitable organizations are in need of extra boxes, so donating them would be beneficial to them. It might require some call but you can be sure that your boxes will be out of the house soon.
- Use as storage for clothes – If you have a lot of things, then those boxes can be used as storage. Once unpacked, you can use those boxes as organizers for yourself or your children. You can do your crafts and make it more stylish and appealing.
- Give it to friends – If you know someone who is moving out soon, then give them the boxes. Save them time and money. You will do some good for your friend.
- Compost it – Yes, you read it right! Your used boxes can be used as compost. It can be easily added to a compost pile and used for mulch and gardening. If you are not into gardening, then call nearby farms or gardening centers and see if they’re interested in using your cardboard. You can also donate it to a compost facility by visiting the US Composting Council website.
- Use as floor protector when painting –If you are soon planning to paint the walls in your new home, then use those boxes as floor protectors. If you have wood floors, use painter’s tape to secure the cardboard down without risking damage.
- Make drawer dividers – Moving out requires you to be more organized, so cut the boxes and make drawer dividers out of it. It is an easy DIY project that can give new life to the old cardboard.
- Make a cat playhouse – It is a fact that cats love cardboard and they can stay in for days and days. Pamper your feline friend by making a cat playhouse out of the cardboard. Turn an old box into something that your cat would want to play in every day. You can look out for DIY projects to help you out.
- Keep them for shipping – Do you have an online business? Then keep your used boxes to send a lot of packages. Turn your cardboard into shipping boxes. Collapse them to save space.
- Use them in your garden or flower box – You can give them a new life by turning them into something that you can use in your house or garden.
- Make a box fort – If your kids are imaginative and playful, then create a box fort for them. Revive your childhood days and build a box fort with the help of your kids.
- Use them as baskets – Create your own baskets that you can use to store magazines. If possible, keep the basket of different sizes so as to help you keep different things in them.
- Lap desk –Turn your old moving box into a cheap and easy lap desk for your children to work whether they are at home or in the car. You can trust the DIY projects to help you in creating such easy thing out of cardboard.
- Child’s play – Use your old moving boxes as a child’s play. If your toddler has started learning about shapes and numbers, then have cutouts of the cardboard and paint them in different colors so as to help them learn quickly.
- Use your cardboard as coasters – If you have already donated half of your used boxes and you are still left with some, then use them into making coasters. You might have parties and friends coming, and you don’t want to spend money on coasters. So, go make your coasters and recycle!
- Use it as a bird-feeder – If your garden is usually filled with birds, then make a bird-feeder out of the cardboard. It is easy and cheap.
So which one of these you liked the most?
25 thoughts on “Ways To Recycle Your Moving Boxes”
Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely fantastic. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can’t wait to read far more from you. This is really a tremendous site
“Thanks for every other informative site. Where else could I
am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal method?
I have a mission that I am just now operating on, and I’ve been on the glance out for
Pretty much all screen capture plugins can take screenshots of a whole page. I am using Nimbus but they can pretty much all do it. With Nimbus, you can select between capturing the whole page, only the visible part or a selected area … then you can edit it if you need (crop it, blur some parts, add arrows to point something, add texts, circle things, etc…). I really recommend it instead of the one you talked about in the article.
Thanks so much for giving everyone an extremely terrific opportunity to read critical reviews from here. It’s always very ideal and as well , stuffed with a great time for me and my office colleagues to visit your web site no less than thrice in a week to find out the latest guides you have got. And indeed, I’m actually fulfilled considering the beautiful information you give. Certain 1 facts in this posting are honestly the best we’ve ever had.
I just want to tell you that I am very new to blogging and honestly savored this web blog. More than likely I’m want to bookmark your website . You really come with very good well written articles. Many thanks for sharing your web-site.
This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
I have joined your RSS feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.
Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks
There’s definitely a great deal to know about this issue.
I like all the points you have made.
This design is spectacular! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Fantastic job.
My Partner And I really wish to tell you which I’m really new to having a blog and incredibly liked your information. Very possible I am likely to store your site post. You definitely have an outstanding article topic. Admire it for share-out with us your blog document.
I just want to tell you that I’m newbie to blogging and certainly enjoyed this web page. More than likely I’m likely to bookmark your website . You definitely have good writings. Kudos for revealing your web-site.
“I feel that is one of the most important information for me.
And i’m glad studying your article. However wanna remark on some normal things, The web site
taste is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Excellent activity, cheers”
If you want to obtain a good deal from this piece of writing then you have to apply these techniques to your won webpage.
These are actually wonderful ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some fastidious factors here. Any way keep up wrinting.
Thanks for giving a great useful tip which all SEO are searching for because many of the sites give false addresses and misguided me for long time. I think now I am okay with the useful blog.
“Hi there to every , since I am actually eager of reading this weblog’s post to be
updated daily. It contains fastidious information.”
“That is really fascinating, You’re an excessively skilled blogger.
I have joined your feed and look ahead to
in quest of more of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks”
My partner and I stumbled over here different website and thought I should check things out. I like what I see so now i am following you. Look forward to looking into your web page yet again.|
Excellent, what a webpage it is! This weblog provides valuable facts to us, keep it up.
I am really inspired along with your writing abilities as well as with the format to your weblog.Is this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Anyway stay up the nice quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice weblog like this one today..
You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the topic and found most guys will approve with your website.
First off I want to say awesome blog! I had a quick question that I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your head before writing. I’ve had a hard time clearing my thoughts in getting my thoughts out. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are generally lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or tips? Appreciate it.
The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my apple ipad and tested to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone.
Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on the same topics you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information
It’s not my first time to pay a quick visit this web page, i am browsing this web page dailly and obtain pleasant information from here all the time.
We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done a formidable job and our entire community will be thankful to you.